Greenville, NC 28590
Post Office Box 8088
Greenville, NC 27835-8088
- Commercial and Business Law
- Equitable Distribution
- Insurance Litigation
Mr. Martin's practice experience encompasses various areas of litigation. He has represented many clients in personal injury and wrongful death cases, and has obtained multi-million dollar verdicts in these types of cases. Other areas of his litigation practice include representation of clients in business and corporate litigation and in family law, with an emphasis on equitable distribution cases involving significant and complex assets. Mr. Martin has been rated by his peers as being "preeminent" in his fields of law.
Admitted to Practice
- North Carolina, 1975
- All state courts in North Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Middle Districts of North Carolina
Honors and Distinctions*
- The Best Lawyers in America, 1995-2013
- "Legal Elite," Business North Carolina, 2009
- "Super Lawyer," North Carolina Super Lawyers, 2006-2013
- J.D., Wake Forest School of Law, 1975. Associate Editor, Wake Forest Law Review.
- B.A., with high honors, North Carolina State University, 1972
Professional and Community Affiliations
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association — Sections: Family Law; Litigation
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice — Sections: Auto Torts, Family Law, Professional Negligence
- North Carolina Bar Association — Sections: Dispute Resolution; Family Law; Litigation
* Please see the following websites for an explanation of the membership standards for the following recognitions: www.bestlawyers.com; www.businessnc.com/legalelite; and www.superlawyers.com/north-carolina.