Mr. Hodge is leader of the Business Practice Group. In his practice, he regularly advises clients on a broad range of business law matters, including the formation of new business and investment entities, stock purchase/sale transactions, asset purchase/sale transactions, and contract drafting and negotiation. Mr. Hodge also represents clients on a wide variety of tax planning matters, including reorganizations of business entities, tax planning for mergers and acquisitions transactions, and tax planning for individuals. He represents clients in tax disputes involving the Internal Revenue Service, the North Carolina Department of Revenue, and local property taxing authorities. Mr. Hodge's practice also includes representing clients in legislative efforts before the North Carolina General Assembly and the United States Congress. He also assists clients in interfacing with North Carolina executive branch agencies, including the North Carolina Department of Transportation, the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, and the North Carolina Office of the State Chief Information Officer.
Admitted to Practice
- North Carolina, 2008
- All state courts in North Carolina
- J.D., cum laude, Wake Forest School of Law, 2008. Research Editor, Wake Forest Law Review.
- B.A., summa cum laude, North Carolina State University, 2004
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Craven County Committee of 100 (member, board of directors)
- New Bern Area Chamber of Commerce (member, Finance Committee; member, Membership Committee; Leadership Craven Alumnus, Class of 2010; Young Professionals Group)
- North Carolina Bar Association — Sections: Business Law; Law Practice Management & Technology; Tax
- North Carolina Professional Lobbyists Association
- North Carolina Technology Association
- Business Formation/Organization and Reorganization
- Contract Negotiation and Drafting
- State and Federal Lobbying