- Financial Institutions Law and Regulation
- Mergers and Acquisitions
Mr. Lathan's practice experience encompasses the formation, regulation, and operation of banks and bank holding companies; securities offerings and reporting; mergers and acquisitions; and corporate governance matters pertaining to publicly-held companies. He has been rated by his peers as being "preeminent" in his fields of law. Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Lathan served as vice president and general counsel/corporate secretary for one of North Carolina's multi-bank holding companies.
Admitted to Practice
- North Carolina, 1975
- All state courts in North Carolina
Honors and Distinctions*
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2005-2014
- "Legal Elite," Business North Carolina, 2014
- J.D., The University of North Carolina School of Law, 1975
- A.B., The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1972
Professional and Community Affiliations
- American Bar Association — Section: Business Law
- North Carolina Bankers Association
- North Carolina Bar Association — Section: Business Law
* Please see the following websites for an explanation of the membership standards for the following recognitions: www.bestlawyers.com; www.businessnc.com/legalelite; and www.superlawyers.com/north-carolina.