Julie Beavers is Ward and Smith's Director of Attorney Recruiting and Professional Development. She drives our attorney recruitment efforts in support of the Firm's current strategic initiatives and business goals with an emphasis on the successful transition of clients, referral relationships, and practice experience from one generation to the next. Additionally, Julie is responsible for expanding the Firm's professional development learning programs and diversity efforts.
Throughout her 20+ year career in legal recruiting, Julie has remained active in the legal community. She is a founding member and third term president of the Triangle Association of Legal Recruitment Administrators (TALRA), a city group of law firm recruitment professionals and law school professionals based in the Raleigh-Durham area. She also held several national and regional leadership positions with the National Association of Legal Career Professionals (NALP), the organization that governs campus recruiting practices for accredited law schools in the US and Canada, and large private sector employers. Julie regularly contributes to career development programs with various legal organizations including the North Carolina Bar Association.
- Human Resource Management Certification, Duke University Department of Continuing Education
- B.A., East Carolina University
Professional and Community Affiliations
- National Association of Career Legal Professionals (NALP)
- North Carolina Bar Association (Transitioning Lawyers Commission)
- North Carolina Legal Assistance Foundation (NCLEAF)
- Triangle Association of Legal Recruitment Administrators (TALRA)