Our team knows that a coordinated response is essential to effectively handle enforcement actions that can have criminal, civil, and regulatory implications. As such, White Collar Defense Practice Group team members collaborate with attorneys in other practice groups, to provide the client a comprehensive view of their potential exposure and develop solutions that account for all of the client’s interests.
These attorneys possess the skill and experience critical to defend clients in the face of a criminal prosecution, civil lawsuit, or regulatory enforcement proceeding. Moreover, they help clients identify areas of regulatory liability and partner with them to conduct internal investigations and develop and implement successful corporate compliance programs.
We do this work in almost every business sector in a wide array of substantive areas that includes:
- Computer and intellectual property crimes
- Environmental violations and compliance
- Export/import violations
- U.S. False Claims Act
- Healthcare fraud
- Privacy and cybersecurity
- Procurement fraud
- Securities, financial institution and accounting fraud
- Tax offenses
Our areas of service include:
- Internal investigations
- Compliance and internal-controls reviews and audits
- Representation in grand jury and other government investigations
- Federal litigation from indictment through trial
- Representation in parallel civil and administrative proceedings
- Criminal appeals
We help our clients prepare for unforeseen circumstances that inevitably arise in these high-stakes and fast-moving matters. Our attorneys stand ready to provide legal and strategic advice for responding to personal and corporate crises both inside and outside the courtroom.
We are your established legal network with offices in Asheville, Greenville, New Bern, Raleigh, and Wilmington, NC.