Lynwood leads the Litigation practice. His experience encompasses a wide variety of civil litigation in both state and federal courts. He has extensive experience in all aspects of litigation, including depositions, hearings, and mediations, as well as, arbitrations, appeals, and cases tried to jury verdict. Lynwood also counsels individuals and businesses who are currently involved, or could potentially become involved, in litigation. He also provides national pre-suit negotiation and litigation management services.
- J.D., cum laude, Campbell Law School, 1999. Business Editor, Campbell Law Review.
- B.S. in Business Administration, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1996
Honors and Distinctions*
- "The Best Lawyers in America," Best Lawyers®, 2013-2022
- "Super Lawyer," Super Lawyer, 2015-2022
- Litigation Counsel of America Fellow, Inducted in 2019
- "Legal Elite," Business North Carolina, 2015
Professional and Community Affiliations
- American Association for Justice
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Community Crossroads Center (past president)
- Eastern North Carolina Inn of Court
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice — Sections: Auto Torts; Professional Negligence
- North Carolina Bar Association — Section: Litigation (former council member)
- Pitt County Bar Association (president 2006-2007; vice president 2005-2006; secretary 2005-2006; treasurer 2004-2005)
- St. James United Methodist Church (past chair finance committee, past chair administrative board, past member stewardship committee, founding member of endowment committee, past building campaign co-chair, past secretary of board of trustees)
- University Kiwanis Club (past project chairman; past membership chairman; past program chairman; past president)
Admitted to Practice
- North Carolina, 1999
- All state courts in North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of North Carolina
* Please see the following websites for an explanation of the membership standards for the following recognitions: www.bestlawyers.com; businessnc.com/special-sections/legal-elite/; and www.superlawyers.com/north-carolina.
Highlights + Insights
North Carolina ATV Accident Law
An Update on North Carolina Medical Malpractice Law
An attorney‑client relationship may only be established through direct attorney‑to‑client communication that is confirmed by the execution of an engagement agreement. The content of any unsolicited email sent to Ward and Smith, P.A., or to any of its attorneys at an email address available on this website, will not create an attorney‑client relationship and the contents of such unsolicited email shall not be considered confidential. Therefore, do not use this website or the email addresses available on this website to provide confidential information about yourself or a legal matter to Ward and Smith or any of its attorneys.