North Carolina Super Lawyers is recognizing 22 Ward and Smith attorneys.
The publication selected 13 attorneys as 2021 "Super Lawyers," an honor awarded to only 5% of Tar Heel attorneys each year. Additionally, Super Lawyers recognized nine attorneys as "Rising Stars," only 2.5% of attorneys receive this distinction.
Attorneys are chosen as being "Super Lawyers" or "Rising Stars" through a statewide nomination process, peer review by practice area, and independent research on candidates.
Ward and Smith attorneys recognized as 2021 "Super Lawyers" include:
- Don Eglinton, Business Litigation
- Charles Ellis, Personal Injury – General: Plaintiff
- Brad Evans, Business Litigation
- Lynwood Evans, Personal Injury – Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- Paul Fanning, Creditor Debtor Rights
- Bill Lathan, Banking
- Steve Long, Employee Benefits
- John Martin, Business Litigation
- Lance Martin, Creditor Debtor Rights
- Will Oden, Employment & Labor: Employer
- Greg Peacock, Estate Planning & Probate
- Gary Rickner, Business Litigation
- Ryal Tayloe, Construction Litigation: Business
Ward and Smith attorneys recognized as 2021 "Rising Stars" include:
- Whitney Campbell Christensen, Government Relations
- Paige Inman, Family Law
- Emily Massey, Employment & Labor: Employer
- Michael Parrish, Business Litigation
- Lauren Taylor Arnette Quinn, Family Law
- Tyler Russell, Cannabis Law
- Allen Trask, Business Litigation
- Devon Williams, Employment & Labor: Employer
- Jeremy Wilson, Personal Injury – General: Plaintiff
Super Lawyers recognizes outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Selections are made on an annual, state-by-state basis. Visit Super Lawyers for additional information about the recognition methodology.