Laura V. Hudson
Laura is the Firm's Chief Marketing Officer. She oversees the Firm's strategic marketing, communications, and business development efforts. She has more than 18 years of legal marketing experience, and has served on several industry boards, most notably on the international board of the Legal Marketing Association ("LMA"), where she co-chaired the association's Governance Task Force and Governance Committees. She is also the founder of the LMA's Raleigh City Group. Laura has a Yellow Belt certification in Legal Lean Sigma® and Project Management from the Legal Lean Sigma Institute, and is an appointed member of the North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization.
- M.A., Communications, The University of Georgia
- B.A., English, Communications, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Honors and Distinctions*
Recognized by North Carolina Lawyer's Weekly as a "Unsung Legal Hero" in 2017
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Legal Marketing Association, long-time Member, Speaker, and Local Membership Chair
- North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization, Member
- Perennial PTA Volunteer, Wake County Public Schools
* Please see the following websites for an explanation of the membership standards for the following recognitions: www.bestlawyers.com; businessnc.com/special-sections/legal-elite/; and www.superlawyers.com/north-carolina.
Highlights + Insights
An attorney‑client relationship may only be established through direct attorney‑to‑client communication that is confirmed by the execution of an engagement agreement. The content of any unsolicited email sent to Ward and Smith, P.A., or to any of its attorneys at an email address available on this website, will not create an attorney‑client relationship and the contents of such unsolicited email shall not be considered confidential. Therefore, do not use this website or the email addresses available on this website to provide confidential information about yourself or a legal matter to Ward and Smith or any of its attorneys.