Ward and Smith, P.A. is committed to building and promoting an environmentally sustainable professional practice, and encouraging personal awareness and responsibility. We ask everyone at the firm to do their part by committing to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
We have a "Green Team" that meets regularly to consider ways we can save energy, use less material, and recycle more. For example, we have:
- Moved to an "online first" model for interoffice communications, lessening our need to print information
- Designed marketing material to be emailed rather than printed
- Implemented workflow systems to take the place of paper-intensive systems for approval purposes (such as paid time off)
- Launched an internal "travel calendar" to assist with firm "sharing a ride" whenever possible
- Purchased re-manufactured printer cartridges and returned those used printer cartridges to reduce costs and waste
- Executed a firm-wide recycling program with customized services for each office
- Donated our printer's "banner sheets" to local schools
Additionally, the firm has been a participant in the ABA/EPA Law Office Climate Challenge since 2010, and is involved with the Law Firm Sustainability Network. Most recently, Ward and Smith was recognized in the Greater Los Angeles Association of Legal Administrators' Leadership Exchange magazine for having a highly effective law firm sustainability program.