Justin's practice experience includes a wide variety of residential and commercial real estate matters, including the representation of sellers and buyers in the negotiation and preparation of purchase agreements, construction agreements, and loan agreements, and the representation of landlords and tenants in the negotiation and preparation of leases. He assists residential and commercial developers in connection with the acquisition, financing, development, subdivision, zoning, leasing, and sale of residential and commercial real estate, including mixed use developments, multi-family developments, planned communities, marinas, and condominiums.
Justin represents developers in the preparation of governing documents for planned communities and condominiums and he represents and advises planned community and condominium owners associations on a variety of legal matters, including the amendment of governing documents, the resolution of community issues and disputes, and the transition of the association from developer to member control.
- J.D., Campbell Law School, 2005. Moot Court competition; Articles Editor, Campbell Law Review.
- B.A., The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2001
- Representation of seller in the sale of a $25 million shopping center
- Representation of country club/golf course in $10 million loan to renovate the facilities
- Representation of a large planned community owners association in transition from developer control to member control
- Representation of landlord of shopping center with over 50 tenants on various matters
- Representation of developer in the creation of a large mixed-use planned community with residential and commercial units and both single family homes and condominium units
- Representation of developer in a $14 million loan to construct an apartment building
- Representation of developer in creation of marina condominium
Professional and Community Affiliations
- American Bar Association — Section: Real Property, Trust and Estate Law
- Cape Fear Craft Beer Alliance
- Community Associations Institute
- Greater Wilmington Chamber of Commerce (Leadership Wilmington Alumnus, Class of 2011)
- New Hanover County Zoning Board of Adjustment (former board member)
- North Carolina Bar Association — Section: Real Property
- Smart Start of New Hanover County (board member, former president)
- Wilmington Downtown Inc. (committee member)
Admitted to Practice
- North Carolina, 2005
- All state courts in North Carolina
I admire my clients' entrepreneurial spirit.
The best thing about Ward and Smith is the people I get to work with every day.
I would most like to live in San Diego because of the weather.
My favorite fictional character is Tom Joad from The Grapes of Wrath.
An attorney‑client relationship may only be established through direct attorney‑to‑client communication that is confirmed by the execution of an engagement agreement. The content of any unsolicited email sent to Ward and Smith, P.A., or to any of its attorneys at an email address available on this website, will not create an attorney‑client relationship and the contents of such unsolicited email shall not be considered confidential. Therefore, do not use this website or the email addresses available on this website to provide confidential information about yourself or a legal matter to Ward and Smith or any of its attorneys.