Paige practices family law and estate litigation from our Wilmington office. She helps families and individuals navigate complicated family law legal processes during times of family upheaval and transition, both in the context of divorce and death. Her family law practice is multifaceted, encompassing such areas as divorce, mediation, equitable distribution, pre-separation planning, separation agreements, alimony and spousal support, children's rights, domestic violence and neglect, paternity, and prenuptial agreements.
In the litigation realm, Paige has extensive experience advising clients from initial consultation through all stages of litigation, including court filings and hearings, mediation, and trials. She is equally comfortable with the appellate process, and routinely manages cases through the filing of the Notices of Appeal and compiling the Record on Appeal. She is also a seasoned appellant and appellee briefs writer.
- J.D., cum laude, Campbell University School of Law, 2012; Campbell Law Observer, Phi Alpha Delta, Richard A. Lord Moot Court Competition
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2009
Honors and Distinctions*
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers®, 2021-2024
- "Legal Elite," Business North Carolina, Family, 2020, 2022-2023
- "Rising Star," Super Lawyers, 2021-2022
- "Legal Elite," Business North Carolina, Young Guns, 2019-2020
- North Carolina State Bar Board Certified Specialist in Family Law
Professional and Community Affiliations
- North Carolina Bar Association, Family Law Section, Council Member, 2023-2026
- New Hanover County Bar Association, Board of Directors Vice President
Admitted to Practice
North Carolina, 2012
* Please see the following websites for an explanation of the membership standards for the following recognitions: www.bestlawyers.com; businessnc.com/special-sections/legal-elite/; and www.superlawyers.com/north-carolina.
Highlights + Insights
On the Mend: Reconciliation in North Carolina
An attorney‑client relationship may only be established through direct attorney‑to‑client communication that is confirmed by the execution of an engagement agreement. The content of any unsolicited email sent to Ward and Smith, P.A., or to any of its attorneys at an email address available on this website, will not create an attorney‑client relationship and the contents of such unsolicited email shall not be considered confidential. Therefore, do not use this website or the email addresses available on this website to provide confidential information about yourself or a legal matter to Ward and Smith or any of its attorneys.