Peter advises clients on a wide array of issues in the context of estate and trust planning and administration. He assists in the preparation of Wills, Trusts, and Powers of Attorney to achieve each unique client's objectives in planning for death, incapacity, and asset transfers. Peter has extensive experience formulating estate plans, and his experience brings significant value to clients with varying types of planning needs and levels of complexity—ranging from simple estates, where efficiency is the primary objective, to sophisticated estates requiring strategic business succession and transfer tax planning. He also devotes a significant portion of his practice to representing executors and trustees as they settle and administer estates and trusts.
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law, 2015
- B.A., with distinction, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2012
- Drafting estate planning documents, including Wills, Revocable Trusts, Durable Powers of Attorney, Health Care Powers of Attorney, Living Wills, and Irrevocable Trusts;
- Facilitating all aspects of probate and estate and trust administration, including advising executors, trustees, and beneficiaries;
- Advising families, individuals, professionals, and business owners in estate planning, tax reduction, and business succession issues; and
- Preparation of gift and estate tax returns.
Honors and Distinctions*
- 2022 Trailblazer, Business North Carolina, 2022
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Greenville-Pitt County Chamber of Commerce
- North Carolina Bar Association — Sections: Estate Planning & Fiduciary Law; Elder & Special Needs Law
Admitted to Practice
- North Carolina, 2015
- All state courts in North Carolina
I try to live by the motto "Whatever you are, be a good one." One of the best things about Ward and Smith is our team-oriented mentality. Our structure is focused on providing the absolute best service possible. I became a lawyer to impact people, and admire our clients' recognition that good professional advice can be priceless.
* Please see the following websites for an explanation of the membership standards for the following recognitions: www.bestlawyers.com; businessnc.com/special-sections/legal-elite/; and www.superlawyers.com/north-carolina.
Highlights + Insights
Make Estate Planning a Point of Focus in 2022
Estate Planning Resolutions for 2021
An attorney‑client relationship may only be established through direct attorney‑to‑client communication that is confirmed by the execution of an engagement agreement. The content of any unsolicited email sent to Ward and Smith, P.A., or to any of its attorneys at an email address available on this website, will not create an attorney‑client relationship and the contents of such unsolicited email shall not be considered confidential. Therefore, do not use this website or the email addresses available on this website to provide confidential information about yourself or a legal matter to Ward and Smith or any of its attorneys.