On September 27, the Lower Cape Fear Human Resource Association will host an employment law and small business committee meeting at the Jacksonville Onslow Chamber of Commerce in Jacksonville, North Carolina. Wilmington labor and employment attorney Will Oden and Lindsey Surratt with Hill, Chesson & Woody will present on the following topics:
- How employment law affects small businesses
- The importance of employee handbooks
- Social media considerations in the workplace
- Legal issues regarding employee benefits
- The state of healthcare reform for employers such as timeline of reform proposals, recent legislative and regulatory actions, and anticipated next steps
- Key ongoing benefits compliance requirements for employers such as HIPAA enforcement, potential changes DOL’s electronic disclosure requirements, and potential changes to form 5500 filing requirements
For additional information, visit LCFHRA's website.