Stephanie has extensive experience in all business related legal matters including formation, maintenance, and dissolution of entities, mergers and acquisitions, housing authority redevelopment, and complex lending transactions.
In addition, Stephanie assists attorneys with matters involving the Internal Revenue Service, North Carolina Department of Revenue, and various statewide regulatory boards including the North Carolina Medical Board. She is a regular speaker on business law matters to paralegals and paralegal students and is an active leader in the legal profession, serving in a number of statewide leadership roles.
B.A., Economics, The University of the South
Honors and Distinctions
North Carolina Bar Association Distinguished Paralegal Award, 2012
Professional and Community Affiliations
North Carolina State Bar Certified Paralegal
- BarCARES of North Carolina, Inc. (Board Member)
- Civitan International (Governor-Elect of North Carolina District East)
- North Carolina Bar Association – Paralegal Division (including serving as Chair from 2007-2008); Membership Committee (including serving as Vice Chair from 2019-2021); 4ALL Statewide Service Day Committee (including serving as Co-Chair of the Committee from 2012-2014)
- North Carolina Hunter Jumper Association
- Special Olympics Craven County (Fundraising Organizing Committee)
- Tryon Civitan Club
- Cape Lookout Civitan Club
Highlights + Insights
An attorney‑client relationship may only be established through direct attorney‑to‑client communication that is confirmed by the execution of an engagement agreement. The content of any unsolicited email sent to Ward and Smith, P.A., or to any of its attorneys at an email address available on this website, will not create an attorney‑client relationship and the contents of such unsolicited email shall not be considered confidential. Therefore, do not use this website or the email addresses available on this website to provide confidential information about yourself or a legal matter to Ward and Smith or any of its attorneys.