Insurance – especially where things don't go as expected for a policyholder – can become personal and high-stakes fast.
The unfortunate reality is that disputes between policyholders and insurers, particularly in the context of insurance policies held by businesses and professionals, are not uncommon. We help business and professional policyholders navigate those disputes.
Our Insurance Counseling and Recovery Team brings years of experience working adverse to insurance carriers on policyholder coverage and recovery matters and helps policyholders assess their insurance needs and objectives, offering strategic advice and counsel concerning those needs.
Coverage Disputes and Litigation
Whether being sued by, or needing to sue, their insurers, we represent businesses and professionals in civil litigation against their insurers in state and federal court.
Our litigators routinely bring or defend claims for declaratory judgment arising out of insurance contracts as well as bring and prosecute claims for breach of contract, bad faith, and unfair and deceptive trade practices against insurers.
In addition to litigating for policyholders, our Team assists businesses and professionals with pre-suit disputes in an effort to avoid litigation with their insurers.
Coverage Review and Counseling
Our Insurance Counseling and Recovery Team also reviews policies as a trusted third party, and helps assess existing coverages for policyholders to identify potential gaps, limitations, or concerns and offers strategic advice and counsel.
The types of insurance our team encounters in representing policyholders includes the following commonly procured by businesses and professionals:
- Business Owners Policy
- Commercial General Liability ("CGL") Policies and Claims
- Commercial Property and Casualty ("P&C") Policies and Claims, and other insured real property losses
- Commercial Umbrella
- Crime and Fidelity Insurance
- Crop and Livestock Insurance
- Cyber Insurance Policies and Claims
- Directors & Officers ("D&O") Fiduciary Policies and Claims
- Disability Policies and Claims
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance ("EPLI") Policies and Claims
- Errors and Omissions ("E&O") Policies and Claims
- Key Person Insurance Policies and Claims
- Long Term Care ("LTC") Policies and Claims
- Long Term Disability ("LTD") Policies and Claims
- Product Liability Policies and Claims
- Professional Liability Policies and Claims