Isabelle M. Chammas
Isabelle works collaboratively to help clients navigate and resolve disputes that are at (or near) the litigation stage. Her practice encompasses a variety of areas, including business, intellectual property, and product liability.
Isabelle's advice on legal strategy is informed by her experience as a law clerk to the Honorable Richard E. Myers II, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina, and as an associate and paralegal at two full-service international law firms. She speaks French and Arabic.
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law, 2018; North Carolina Law Review; Chancellors Scholar
- B.A., with Distinction, University of Virginia, 2011
Honors and Distinctions*
- Encounter Wilmington, Class of 2022
Admitted to Practice
- North Carolina, 2021
- District of Columbia, 2019
- Minnesota, 2018
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 2021
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina, 2021
- U.S. District Court for the Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina, 2022
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 2018
* Please see the following websites for an explanation of the membership standards for the following recognitions: www.bestlawyers.com; businessnc.com/special-sections/legal-elite/; and www.superlawyers.com/north-carolina.
Highlights + Insights
Not So Fast: Limits of "Settlement Negotiation" Protections
When Is a Deal a Deal?
An attorney‑client relationship may only be established through direct attorney‑to‑client communication that is confirmed by the execution of an engagement agreement. The content of any unsolicited email sent to Ward and Smith, P.A., or to any of its attorneys at an email address available on this website, will not create an attorney‑client relationship and the contents of such unsolicited email shall not be considered confidential. Therefore, do not use this website or the email addresses available on this website to provide confidential information about yourself or a legal matter to Ward and Smith or any of its attorneys.