Our goal is simple: give our international clients doing business in North Carolina the local competitive edge.
In our global marketplace, we value relationships, timeline, and the task at hand. We understand that for businesses moving into the United States, local regulations and compliance may be difficult to navigate. We work with you to provide the right counsel at the right time to benefit your company as you grow. We represent companies from more than 30 countries doing business in the United States, as well as many US companies operating or expanding overseas.
We help individuals, joint ventures, rep offices (RO), and wholly foreign-owned enterprises (WFOE) who are expanding or pursuing a merger or acquisition with:
- Entity structuring and planning
- Compliance for business and individuals
- Negotiating incentive packages and financing agreements
- Cross border transactions, including due diligence
- Contracts and commercial agreements
- Structuring of franchising, distributorship, sales-representative and other types of marketing arrangements throughout the world
- Employment issues including employment agreements, consulting agreements and termination
- Real estate acquisitions, including site selection, zoning approvals, and pre-construction contracts
- Environmental issues
- Negotiation and structuring of technology transfers
- Multinational patent and trademark registration and protection (IP)
- Coordination with other professional service providers
The attorneys of the International Practice Group are both global travelers and community supporters. We go wherever we need to go to serve clients around the world. Our attorneys also actively associate and maintain relationships with attorneys in other countries to provide the representation our clients need on the ground in countries all over the world.