John Martin, a family law attorney in our Greenville office, recently recorded a video on why you should hire a North Carolina State Bar Board Certified Specialist in Family Law.
In the video, John discusses the importance of selecting the right family law attorney if you are in a situation where you need to seek counsel for a separation or divorce. One of the key factors you should consider at the outset is choosing an attorney who is a North Carolina State Bar Board Certified Specialist in Family Law.
During a separation or divorce, there are many issues that you will need to address with your counsel, including child custody, child support, property division, and/or alimony. The outcome of these issues will affect you for many years or even the rest of your life.
By selecting a North Carolina State Bar Board Certified Specialist in Family Law to represent you through the separation and divorce process, you are guaranteeing that the attorney:
- Has practiced family law for a minimum of 5 years
- Has averaged 600 hours each year in the practice of family law
- Has at least 45 hours of continuing legal education annually in the area of family law
- Has at least 10 references from other family law attorneys and judges, which attest to the attorney's competency and excellence both in the courtroom and in the general practice of family law
- Has taken and passed a six-hour-long exam on a broad topic of family law issues
Ward and Smith has two North Carolina State Bar Board Certified Specialists in Family Law, John Martin and Lauren Quinn. To learn more about this specialist designation and what a North Carolina State Bar Board Certified Specialist in Family Law can offer, view John's video below.