We work with clients of all sizes and across a wide swath of industries. Our general posture is to help our clients avoid litigation when possible, and seek alternative dispute options when available. However, today, it's likely that for most employers, some employment litigation is inevitable. Therefore, we regularly defend employers in lawsuits in state and federal courts, before administrative bodies, and in arbitrations.
Our litigation experience encompasses all types of civil rights discrimination, affirmative action compliance and claims, state and federal wage and hour issues, wrongful termination charges, unemployment claims, breach of employment contracts, occupational safety and health matters, labor disputes, and whistleblower actions, including matters involving:
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) Investigations
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Title VII
- Equal Pay Act (EPA)
- OSHA and Workplace Safety
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN)
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
We know employment litigation has the potential to disrupt your workplace, cause anxiety among co-workers, and strike at the heart of a company's culture. We do all we can to minimize that disruption, and handle your matter efficiently and with your end business goals in mind, so you may return to "business-as-usual" as quickly as possible.