Josey's practice focuses on business and complex civil litigation disputes in both state and federal courts. She handles a wide variety of pre-litigation and litigation matters. Before joining Ward and Smith, Josey was a law clerk and legal intern to the Honorable Louise W. Flanagan, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina where she honed her legal research, analysis and writing skills and gained invaluable practical experience within the Federal Court system.
Josey earned her law degree from Wake Forest University School of Law, where she was awarded several honors, such as the CALI Excellence for the Future Award; was a member of the Order of the Coif, a national honor society for law school graduates; and served as an editorial staff member for the Wake Forest Law Review.
- J.D., magna cum laude, Wake Forest University School of Law, 2019; Order of the Coif; Law Alum Counsel Scholarship Recipient; CALI Excellence for the Future Award; Dean Suzanne Reynolds Award Recipient; Wake Forest Law Review, editorial staff member
- Publication: Note, “Scienter or Negligence? What Level of Culpability is Required under Section 14(e) of the 1934 Exchange Act?” 54 Wake Forest L. Rev. 883 (2019).
- B.S., summa cum laude, University of North Carolina at Wilmington, 2015; Sociology Academic Excellence Award
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Pitt County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association – Section: Business Law
Admitted to Practice
- North Carolina, 2019
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
An attorney‑client relationship may only be established through direct attorney‑to‑client communication that is confirmed by the execution of an engagement agreement. The content of any unsolicited email sent to Ward and Smith, P.A., or to any of its attorneys at an email address available on this website, will not create an attorney‑client relationship and the contents of such unsolicited email shall not be considered confidential. Therefore, do not use this website or the email addresses available on this website to provide confidential information about yourself or a legal matter to Ward and Smith or any of its attorneys.